Save-the-date!: Workshops on US Research Funding Opportunities for EU Researchers (Warsaw - Rome - Lisbon)
Date/Time: 05/10/2015, 9:00 - 16:00
Place: Institute of Fundamental Technological Research Polish Academy of Sciences 2nd floor
Date/Time: 07/10/2015, 9:00 - 16:00
Place: Please be aware that because of the great interest of our event and overbooking we had to change the venue in Rome!
Here is the new address:
Via Principe Amedeo, 4, 01185 Rome, Italy
Registration link: https://secure.pt-dlr.de/pt-conference/conference/BILATUSA_Rome
The agenda of the workshop is available here
Date/Time: 09/10/2015, 9:00 - 16:00
Place: Olissippo Hotels sala:
Registration link: https://secure.pt-dlr.de/pt-conference/conference/BILATUSA_Lisbon
Workshops on US Research Funding Opportunities
for EU Researchers
Warsaw – Rome - Lisbon
We would kindly like to invite you to the BILAT USA 2.0 Workshops to be held in three European cities: Warsaw on 5th October; Rome on 7th October and Lisbon on 9th October 2015. These workshops are organized within the BILAT USA 2.0 - a project funded by the European Union under FP7. The main objective of the workshops is to boost EU-US Science and Innovation cooperation.
Please save these dates!
The US is one of the top-ranked countries in technology, innovation and R&D expenditures. Many European researchers and institutions have developed strong research links with US researchers and their institutions. However, some opportunities within US federal funding programmes, such as NIH (National Institutes of Health) and NSF (National Science Foundation), may not be well-known in Europe, and European researchers and research managers may not be familiar with the specific application processes & grant management procedures required by the US federal research funding agencies.
Therefore the workshops will:
- Promote awareness of US federal research funding opportunities for European researchers
- Strengthen European institutions’ expertise in applying for and managing US research funds
- Provide case studies of research collaboration between US and European institutions
The focus areas of the meetings are:
- US Federal Research Funding – How to Apply, with specific focus on NIH and NSF
- Managing US Federal Research Awards with specific focus on NIH and NSF: What a European Institution Needs to Know
- Case Studies of Transatlantic Research Collaboration from a European perspective
BILAT USA 2.0 is glad to welcome the following experts:
- Patricia Hawk, Director, Office of Sponsored Programs, Oregon State University, and Immediate Past President, NCURA
- John W. Hanold, Associate Vice President for Research, Director, Office of Sponsored Programs, The Pennsylvania State University, NCURA
- Eva Björndal, Post-Award and Financial Compliance Team Leader, Karolinska Institute, and Chair of NCURA’s International Region
- Regina Notz, Senior Research Manager, ETH Zürich / University of Zürich
The workshops are addressed to the whole European research community (researchers, research managers and administrators).
Participation in the workshops will be free of charge.
Further information on our events, agenda and speakers is available under:
Warsaw (5.10.2015): http://www.kpk.gov.pl/?event=bilat-usa-2-0-warsaw-workshops-on-us-research-funding-opportunities-for-eu-researchers
Rome (7.10.2015): https://secure.pt-dlr.de/pt-conference/conference/BILATUSA_Rome
Lisbon (9.10.2015): https://secure.pt-dlr.de/pt-conference/conference/BILATUSA_Lisbon